If you have unused eyeglasses and cases lying around and like to take on a craft project here and there, we have some fun ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Convert your glasses into a picture frame.
- Remove the lenses from your glasses.
- Cut your picture down to size to fit inside the lens opening.
- Dab a small amount of hot glue to the back side of the lens to secure any edges.
- Place the picture frame eyeglasses on bookshelves or make a family tree by attaching them to sticks in a flower pot.
- Create a piece of art. Some ideas that come to mind include brooches, necklaces, or even pull handles for your cabinet.
- Remove the lenses from the frame – look for glasses at the dollar store or even garage sales if you need a few extra pairs for your project.
- Make sure the desired picture fits nicely within the lens.
- Coat the picture with Mod Podge and adhere to the inside of the lens.
- Let dry for several hours.
- Carefully trim the excess of the picture from around the lens.
- Attach necessary hardware for hanging or pinning.
- Use eyeglass cases to store or transport small items. Use your old cases to store or transport items such as cell phone charging cords, sewing utensils, make up brushes and more. This idea is great for traveling or organizing bathroom drawers.
If crafting really isn’t your thing, you can drop them off at any Heartland Optical location. We’ll try our best to pass them along to those in need. Happy crafting!
*We’d love to see your creations. Snap a picture and tag us on Facebook (@HeartlandOptical).*