Heartland Optical has a long and rich tradition in Lincoln, Nebraska. It was founded as Riggs Optical Laboratory, a nationwide optical laboratory company, with a laboratory in Lincoln located in the Haymarket in the 1920s. Riggs Optical sold its Lincoln laboratory to Bausch and Lomb Optical in the 1950s. The laboratory was relocated to 650 North 27th Street in 1975. During that time the manager Stan Greguson bought the laboratory from Bausch and Lomb as Bausch and Lomb eased out of the laboratory business and focused on contact lenses. Stan Greguson sold the business to a group of optometrists, including Dr. Ron Conrad, in the early 80s. In 1994, Casey Conrad came to Heartland Optical as the manager. At that time Casey and his father Dr. Ron Conrad became the primary owners of Heartland Optical and it became a family ran business. In 2004 Tom Conrad came back to Heartland Optical and soon after Casey and Tom moved Heartland Optical to its current location at 1012 North 27th Street. The move opened Heartland Optical from an optical laboratory and buying group into a three part business with a new doctor’s office and 1000 square foot optical dispensary. In January of 2016, we opened our second location in Grand Island, Nebraska.